Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Calculate dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
- Create detailed designs with AutoCAD
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenanceExcellent communication skill, verbal and written.
Knowledge and capability on Revit, BIM and Cadword /HsbCad is an asset. Field experience is also an asset.
Experience : 1-3 years of experience in AutoCAD/HsbCAD/Cadwork and 3D modeling (3D detailing experience is an asset) is preferred.
Proficiency with AutoCAD, HsbCAD and Building Information Modeling (BIM); Completion of AutoCAD, Revit, HsbCAD, Cadwork or BIM training certification preferred;
Innovative, proactive and highly responsible individual who works well in a team environment; and
High attention to detail and fastidious work habits.
Knowledge of all aspects of building structures and materials is expected, including the ability to translate architectural and structural drawings and specifications into accurate drawings for fabrication and erection; and
Working knowledge of the log and timber industry is required, successful completion of several log and timber courses is preferred and willingness to continuously upgrade is a must.
Must supply work portfolio and references;
Must possess a valid Driver’s license in the province(s) employed; and
Must be able to work on a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and travelling.
- Competitive wage and benefits plan